Your car’s battery has an average lifespan of between 4 and 6 years. To make sure that you don’t waste time and money, ensure your battery needs to be changed before you begin.
This step by step guide will help you change your battery safely:
Remember the following points when changing your car battery replacement and if you don’t feel confident or have any questions, call us on 01 835 2530.
● Make sure your engine is switched off and that you are nowhere near any sparks, flames or lit cigarettes.
● Park safely, away from traffic.
● Make sure you have the correct replacement battery for your vehicle. If in doubt, consult with your mechanic.
● We recommend wearing safety gloves and goggles as the sulfuric acid electrolyte solution in batteries is highly corrosive and should not come into contact with your skin.
● Car batteries can weigh up to 60 pounds, so take care when lifting your battery out.
If the cables connecting to the positive and negative groundings are unmarked, make sure to mark them as they must be reconnected to the correct terminal.4 Carefully lift the old car battery free and set it aside. 5 Place the new battery in, taking care that it is facing the same way and in the same position as the old battery. 6 Reconnect the battery terminals ensuring that the positive and negative terminals are connected to the correct cables. 7 Contact AllVech to recycle your old battery.